I did it, albeit one month too late for a chance at all the cool prizes… I signed up for National Blog Posting Month in December. Here are the rules:
- Update your blog once a day for an entire month.
- No, you can’t skip a day or two and then make up for it by posting extra. You do this, you lose.
- Follow the monthly theme—”zeitgeist” for December—or pursue your own muse.
- W.r.i.t.e. A. L.o.t. (or post photos, video, audio, etc.)
So I have no idea how I’m going to make this work, but I’m super-excited about it. Especially as December (Christmas Eve, to be exact) is my first blogiversary! Yay!
It’s funny. I kinda doubted that my own blog, originally called “You Went Where?”, would still be around one year later. (Yes, I did wonder partially because it was started during a period when Mercury was retrograde. Projects begun thusly just don’t usually last, do they? Maybe writing is different, as it’s ruled by Mercury…) I mean, the blog’s obviously morphed and changed its name since then, but it’s still mine and it’s still here. Now, we celebrate!
- Happy Fifth Birthday, NaBloPoMo! (blogher.com)